We are proud to welcome James Hsi to Priceonomics. James is the first person to join our merry team of Priceonomists and we are beyond thrilled.
James graduated from Stanford with a degree in electrical engineering in 2011. He spent his first year after graduation traveling through Asia and consulting for his friends’ startups. We ended up connecting with James through AngelList, a site which appears to be disrupting just about everything. Just stay away from Price Guides, okay AngelList?!
Here are some random facts about James:
1. He built his first website in the 5th grade. It was a cheat sheet site for the video game Command and Conquer. He says his site no longer exists on the web, but it was chock full of sweet animated gifs.
2. He used to be a hardcore gamer but gave it up. In high school and college, he organized inter-school gaming competitions. Eventually, he had too much school work and quit gaming entirely. He doesn’t miss it at all now, or so he claims.
3. His work setup: Macbook Pro 15” 2.6 GHz, Dell Ultrasharp 23” monitor, and Wacom Intuos4 Medium tablet. Macbook Air as a side computer. Everything propped up by cardboard boxes.
Portrait of the artist at work.
4. As his first task, he re-designed this very blog that is currently extolling his virtues.
5. He catalogues his enjoyment of the seven deadly sins on Pinterest. Lucky for us, he doesn’t suffer from Sloth.
Welcome to the team James, we’re excited to be working with you!
Yes, we are still hiring. Are you a backend developer?