Analysts’ overconfidence in their models and formulas helped cause the collapse of Wall Street in 2007-2008. The same overconfidence can result from relying on systematic approaches to solving any problem.
The tumblr for Priceonomics. Main blog and price guide at
- Why Aren't We All Using Japanese Toilets?
- Food Truck Economics
- What Happens to Stolen Bicycles?
- Living in a Van
- Diamonds Are Bullshit
- The Street Kids of San Francisco
- How We Treat Pets in America
- Adventures in Aeron Chair Arbitrage
- The Fixie Bike Index
- Minimum Viable SEO
- How to Make it on Craigslist
- Priceonomics Raises $1.5 MM, Users Unfazed
- Starting a Bike Shop